.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today is one of those big ones age wise.....



Thought I would quickly go down to my favourite place today and take some photos to add to the morning pictures of family and gifts for my big 60!    We have had some blustery weather and many trees toppling under the onslaught.   The little stand of beach paperbarks are slowly secumbing to the pounding waves despite their huge lateral roots clinging to the sand.  There was safety in numbers and the entertwining root systems held them together but last year's huge tides and rough weather broke this combined force and they are slowly falling prey to the ocean's fury.   We are all part of this ever changing world - how lucky am I to have had 60 years of living and a great family to share it with.


5 comments:

Peter said...

Happy Birthday, and I see it is an exciting one as far as your weather is concerned! An old Dutch friend of mine used to say "Live 120 Years!", and..., that being the case, here's to at least 60 more years of potting and creating for you!

mudheartpottery said...

Thankyou Peter. I would love to think there were 60 more years in these hands....

woodfirer said...

Congratulations on your round-number birthday!

Quietly Otaku said...

Sounds like a very dramatic birthday! Hope it was a great one : ) Happy birthday

Magnetic Island Artist Edward Blum. said...

Thank you for your blogs. You are incredibly talented. Your pottery is brilliant. When I saw Wiepa, I had to look, my father worked there when I was a kid. I found more than I could of dreamed of. Happy Birthday wishes, and thank you for sharing.